Book Title: Kodu for Kids: The Official Guide to Creating Your Own Video Games
Publisher: Que Publishing
Author: James Floyd Kelly
DESIGN, BUILD, CREATE, AND SHARE YOUR GAME WITH THE WORLD!
Ever wanted to create your own video game? With Microsoft’s Kodu, you can. It’s fun! And while you’re having fun, you’ll learn incredible problem-solving, programming, and game design skills as well.
Kodu is a simple visual language that’s just for games, and you’ll be amazed at just how much you can do with it. Yes, you! It’s perfect for people who’ve never programmed before—whether they’re 8, 18, or 80. Kodu for Kids teaches you all you need to know to create great Kodu games that you can share with the world!
Don’t just read it! See it! New online videos show you what to do!
INCLUDES FOUR START-TO-FINISH EXAMPLE GAMES:
- 1-Player Shooter
- 2-Player Competition
- Mission Quest
- Side-Scroller Experience
DO IT ALL—EVERY STEP!
- Learn how games really work
- Master Kodu’s easy tools, controls, and programming
- Imagine your quest and plan your game
- Script a great story
- Create your characters and make them move and talk
- Invent and build new worlds
- Design weapons, targets, and objects
- Build enemies and make them fight
- Add amazing sound, music, and special effects
- Set up multiple players, levels, and points
- Discover expert tips and tricks for better games
- Make everything work together
- Share your games with players all over the world